In hopes that all you fabulous folks out there in cyberspace don't choose to label me as a loser forever, I have a confession. Today, I went to a movie. All by myself. But that's not the worst of it... I may have also eaten a large popcorn with extra butter. NO JUDGING, REMEMBER?
I haven't been to see a movie alone since college, and I must admit, it's pretty relaxing to be the only one there in the middle of the day with no long lines or trying to avoid having to sit next to someone else in a packed theatre.
And it all inspired me to do a post on my current obsessions. One that appeals to the senses... what I'm watching, reading, writing, eating, and listening to this week. So without further ado, here's this week's Friday Five.
1. Watch :: My solo movie adventure was all to see The Descendants. I'd been wanting to see it since it was released months ago, but never got around to it. Now that it's in the running for this weekend's Oscar for Best Picture, I decided there was no better excuse to go to the movies. It's horribly tragic and beautiful all at the same time. I'm not certain how it will fair at the Academy Awards with so many other great movies, but it's a winner in my book.
2. Read :: Yes. I do read Oprah magazine. I have to admit, my mom's the one that gifted the subscription to me, but I've grown to love it. The stories featured in each issue of women succeeding at what they love inspire my when I'm uninspired and lift me up when I'm down on myself. Plus, who can turn down advice from Oprah, Dr. Phil, and Dr. Oz all combined in one magazine?! Not this girl.
3. Taste :: Earlier this week, in an effort to try something new, I browsed my Pinterest board and discovered a gem of a recipe. Goat Cheese and Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta. Easy, vegetarian (if you're into that - personally, I'm an avid lover of bacon) and delish! Thank you Martha Stewart.
4. Write :: While I was in Chicago, my friend Miranda introduced me to this awesome little book called Wreck this Journal, full of crazy directions for filling and destroying it's pages. My favorite: tie a string around the journal and take it on a walk. It's definitely a great way to: A. make people believe you're clinically insane and/or B. release your inner child. Go. Buy it. Now.
5. Hear :: Young the Giant. I seriously had the song "Cough Syrup" stuck in my head for weeks after first hearing it on Alt Nation, and now, it's stuck there again after seeing it on the most recent episode of Glee. The rest of their self-titled debut album isn't to shabby either. Check it...
Now go out and enjoy the weekend!